Peco Foods, Inc. is searching for a Continuous Improvement Manager at our West Fulton Street location in Canton, MS.
Purpose of the Position:
This position will lead their assigned facility in the development and implementation of a long-term strategic plan to involve every plant team member in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment that lowers overall production costs.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Implement the facility's corporate standard CI strategy to deliver significant productivity savings that lower the total plant cost of production and improve the safety within those plans.
- Develop and implement the facility's plan to engage every employee, salaried and hourly, in the CI process. Use fact-based analysis to prioritize process improvement opportunities within the facility and inform management of progress of improvements.
- Establish and manage CI metrics for each department within the facility, and monitor/manage performance against these metrics. Identify and/or provide training on lean manufacturing techniques as needed. Facilitate hourly CI events as needed.
- Participates as a member of the Team. Participates in the ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies; coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. As a member of the Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues and actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives: This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this position and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person as to the work of this function nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Physical Activities: Enters and locates information on a computer. Visually verifies information, often in small print. Communicates with Customers, Vendors, or Employees via telephone, in person, and/or electronic mail. May present information to small or large groups. Must be able to work in various temperatures. Move about in a manufacturing environment and surrounding property. May travel via car or plane to various work locations.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): As required by visiting facility.
- Travel: 30%. Limited travel to and from multiple facilities.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields.