Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager at our at our location in Sebastopol, MS.
This position will lead their assigned facility in the development and implementation of a long-term strategic plan to involve every plant team member in the pursuit of a lean manufacturing environment that lowers overall production costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement the facility's corporate standard CI strategy to deliver significant productivity savings that lower the total plant cost of production and improve the safety within those plans.
- Develop and implement the facility's plan to engage every employee, salaried and hourly, in the CI process. Use fact-based analysis to prioritize process improvement opportunities within the facility and inform management of progress of improvements.
- Establish and manage CI metrics for each department within the facility, and monitor/manage performance against these metrics. Identify and/or provide training on lean manufacturing techniques as needed. Facilitate hourly CI events as needed.
- Participates as a member of the Team. Participates in the ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies; coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. As a member of the Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas that lack cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues and actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives: This position description is intended to guide the activities of the person in this position and is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person as to the work of this function nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields. Previous experience in Management or Supervisory duties preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc).
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Enters and locates information on a computer. Visually verifies information, often in small print. Communicates with Customers, Vendors, or Employees via telephone, in person, and/or electronic mail. May present information to small or large groups. Must be able to work in various temperatures. Move about in a manufacturing environment and surrounding property. May travel via car or plane to various work locations.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.