Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking a Automation Technician for our further processing plant in Canton, MS.
Maintains, repairs and troubleshooting electrical systems throughout the plant.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Proficient with electrical drawings and symbols.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all equipment in the plant.
- Installs, maintain, and troubleshoot motor control panels.
- Must be able to down load and program Inverters, HDMI’s and PLC’s.
- Understand advanced electrical/electronic system.
- Be able to go online with laptop and troubleshoot internal logics.
- Be knowledgeable of networks, electrical, mechanical and control theory.
- Inspect and maintain electronic and automated equipment and systems.
- Participate in special projects, including the installation of new automated equipment throughout the plant.
- Participate in department training and development process.
- Be able to train other in the operation of automation equipment.
- Maintain a safe work environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
- Practice lock-out/Tag-out procedures daily.
- Must be dependable.
- Identify and report any suspicious or abnormal situations to their immediate supervisor or plant management official such as product tampering, unauthorized employees in restricted area, and equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Must exhibit the Peco, West Point values: Safety, Teamwork, Mutual Respect, Accountability, Honesty.
- Complete other duties as Assigned.
- Must be able to stand/walk 100% of the work day.
- Gripping and repetitive use of hands.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and climb steps.
- Must be comfortable working in organic conditions.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.