Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking as Assistant Plant Manager at our plant in West Point, MS.
This position is responsible for the following: contributing to driving the company strategy and culture; interpreting and enforcing company policies; scheduling and conducting plant meetings with production and related staff; solving problems in an effective manner; fostering an environment that embraces continuous process improvement of the facility, processes and personnel; overseeing compliance and coordination of the federal meat inspection and OSHA requirements; partnering with QA for compliance of food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance; assisting in the determination of workforce needs and making recommendations for increasing/decreasing workforce; assisting in monitoring and controlling expenses and working closing with accounting on plant profitability; developing short and long-term production goals for the facility and being held accountable for the planning and execution of all products; managing materials, packaging and raw materials to meet scheduling requirements; preparing and maintaining prescribed records and reports to ensure that they reflect plant conditions accurately; managing cost and manufacturing components such as package material, raw ingredients, fixed and variable labor, quality, efficiency, reliability, scrap, rework, energy, GMPs, safety, sanitation, and regulatory compliance; working with department heads to meet production quality yields goals and metrics goals while at the same time ensuring the maintenance of labor standards and quality of performance and product; maintaining a well-trained and motivated staff through excellent leadership and communication skills; coordinating with Supervisors/Line Leads to ensure employee performance reviews are conducted, reflecting accurate goals and performance; controlling further processing or portioning of nonconforming products until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected; achieving compliance for product quality, food safety, and food defense as issued by the QA Department while maintaining overall plant efficiency; supplementing, tracking, being accountable for all applicable KPIs through SPC and other methods of reporting; initiating action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, or the quality system and recommend or provide solutions to correct any deficiencies; inspecting and maintaining a high degree of competence in the areas of housekeeping, safety, sanitation, security, and food safety; managing, evaluating, and training production supervisors; and overseeing all designated shift operations; and fulfilling any other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the plant manager.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Duties and Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise team members in the plant; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws; interview hire and train team members; plan, assign, and direct work; monitor and appraise work performance; reward coach counsel and discipline team members; and address complaints and resolve problems.
- Physical Demands: Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday. Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- Work Environment: Ability to transition from normal room temperature to damp noisy warm environment.
- Position Type and Hours: Flexible schedule required including but not limited to days, nights and weekends.
- Travel: 10-20%.
Qualifications for Position:
- Skills and Abilities: Leader, problem solver, team player; standard computer skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be capable of communicating well both verbally and in writing with all levels of Team Members from hourly to upper management as well as government officials.
- Education and Experience: College degree preferred but at least 5-10 years proven leadership in portioning and/or Par-Fry experience; at least 5 years of supervisory experience in a meat processing facility (poultry) preferred; knowledge of OSHA, USDA and HAACP regulation.
- Other Qualifications: Lead people by example; accept and delegate responsibility and display sound judgment and decision-making skills; problem solve in an efficient manner with sound follow up; strong managerial skills necessary; excellent safety and attendance records required; proven ability to work with department heads to meet safety production and quality yields and meet goals; Note: All Team Members are responsible for safety. This position has specific responsibilities relating to food safety, food quality and required legal regulations and standards relating to these standards.
- This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
West Point, MS