Peco Foods is searching for an Assistant Plant Manager for our processing plant in Pocahontas, Arkansas for the Night shift.
- Direct supervisor of production staff and assigned staff.
- Verify weekly payroll time sheets for all employees in the department as assigned.
- Responsible for the overall production and operations of the processing plant.
- Fill in for Plant Manager in his absence.
- Ensure food safety/security throughout the processing plant.
- Develop and maintain a positive government regulatory work environment and relationship.
- Lead and develop continuous improvement programs.
- Work closely with quality assurance and maintenance in any changing of product specification or machinery change/repair.
- Ensure that all product produced is of the highest level and standard of quality.
- Performs various special tasks as assigned by the Plant Manager and the Corporate Director of Processing.
- Comply with all written corporate safety and plant policies.
- Maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Follow the written specification for packaging and labeling of products.
- Identify and report any suspicious situations to the plant manager. Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering
- Willful product adulteration
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake
- Working in a warm/wet/damp environment and a normal room temperature environment.
- Standing/sitting/walking 100% of the workday.
- Lifting various weights on an as needed basis.
- 5-7 years’ experience in an operations leadership role in the poultry industry.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
This is a salaried position, and starting salary is based on the candidate’s work experience and education level. We are looking for a driven, goal-oriented candidate. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k retirement plan.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to be do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.