Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking Accounts Payable Clerk at our plant in West Point, MS.
Provide clerical and administrative support to the accounting department in various tasks as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs daily clerical duties including but not limited to: making photocopies, answering phones, sending emails and faxes.
- Match up, write up, check for accuracy, code, and enter all of the processing plant bills into the accounts payable program.
- Write any special accounts checks for plant operations.
- Balance the bank accounts for special accounts.
- Track numbers and cost for various capital projects.
- Answer questions and resolve issues from vendors about invoices.
- Cross train with other office personnel.
- Other duties as assigned by accountant/office manager.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, some college or Accounts Payable related experience preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills with experience in word, excel, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments successfully.
- Must be a team player and able to work with highly confidential information.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet applicable deadlines.
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer through out the designated shift and move throughout the facility as needed.
- Working in an office environment with normal temperature ranges.
This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
West Point, MS