Peco Foods Inc. seeks an Accounts Payable Clerk for our processing plant in Sebastopol, Mississippi.
To process in a timely manner all general payables for PECO, Inc.
Essential Job Functions/Duties:
- Accounts Payable
- Bill preparation – preparing invoices for data entry; approval signatures, G/L accounts, payment dates.
- Data entry of accounts payable bills.
- Match vouchers from data entry.
- Check outstanding list at least once a week.
- Pull discrepancies, follow-up with buyers to resolve discrepancies.
- Mail and distribute checks.
- Accounts payable filing.
- Vendor calls.
- Research vouchers for inter-company employees dealing with payables.
- Process over the counter checks for all locations.
- Prepare and process any AJV entries to make corrections to voucher accounts.
- E.O.M export accrual.
- Vendor Master File
- Add new vendors to master file.
- Keep files updated – vendor maintenance-address changes-name changes, phone number changes, payment terms, etc.
- W-9’s – 1099’s
- Mail W-9’s
- Update vendor master file with Federal ID # of SS# from W-9.
- At the end of the year, review accounts payable files for 1099’s
Vendor communication both by phone, fax and letter; backup for switchboard.
Knowledge and experience in accounts payable and excellent key board skills required, PC experience helpful.
High school education
Lifting up to 20 pounds; sitting constantly, able to meet deadlines, deal occasionally with irate vendors.