Peco Foods, Inc. is seeking an Accounting Clerk for our processing plant in Bay Springs, MS.
- Performs daily clerical duties such as but not limited to: making photocopies, answering the plant’s switchboard telephone, emails, and sending faxes.
- Calculates the plant’s daily and weekly yields using excel spreadsheets. Calculates/enters data into various reports that tie back to the yield.
- Calculates the plant’s scale tickets and enters information in excel for condemnation and the grower certificates.
- Calculates, gathers and enters information for daily and weekly morning report.
- Perform weekly hourly payroll process for the company.
- Answer, enter, track, and pay all hourly employees’ garnishments, child supports, IRS tax levies, and bankruptcies.
- Print, distribute and enter daily exception reports for payroll.
- Review hours weekly and make corrections as instructed, confirm and enter all deductions, vacation pay, holiday pay or adjusting pay, finalize payroll to corporate.
- Distribute payroll checks and handle any issues.
- Remove daily temperature recorders from the manifest and send them to the corporate office.
- Compile, maintain and print weekly production graphs needed by the supervisors.
- Cross train on several other clerical jobs and fill in for other clerical employees when they are off on vacation or out sick.
- Manage a daily record of scale tickets for comparison to Griffin.
- Compute daily freight bills from the shipping department and get ready for the payment process.
- Write up, code, and enter all of the processing plant bills into the accounts payable program.
- Answer any questions and resolve issues from vendors.
- This position does not directly supervise any employees.
- Performs various special tasks as assigned by the accounting manager and the plant manager.
- Position is under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager.
- Sitting/standing 100% of the workday.
- Working in a normal room temperature environment.
- Normal hours will be 8 AM to 5 PM unless filling in for Yield clerk which will be 7 AM to 4 PM.
This job description is not all inclusive of what the employee may be asked to do while performing the duties described above. The company reserves the right to modify this job without prior notice.
Bay Springs, MS