Peco is searching for a 2nd Processing Superintendent for our processing plant in Tuscaloosa, AL.
- Observes supervisors, clerks, and employees working in Deboning, Packout, Leg Cut-up departments to make sure that they are working as efficiently and safely as possible to the highest standards of quality.
Essential Functions of Position:
- May stand at poultry deboning lines.
- Proficiently read and speak English and use Excel and MS Word.
- Review and complete department Safety, Production, and Quality reports daily .
- Confirm product leaving department is accurately weighed and is ready for shipping department to receive for blast freezing, loading on trucks, and shipping to customers.
- Must comply with written plant policies.
- Ensures that supervisors are monitoring attendance and behavior of employees and taking action as needed in accordance with company policy.
- Must maintain the highest possible level of personal hygiene and cleanliness in accordance with plant GMP policies.
- Ensure employees and supervisors are following the written specification for packaging and labeling of products.
- Coordinate orders with production demands and supply.
- Physically inspect products for both naturally occurring and processing defects.
- Naturally occurring defects would include but not be limited to: deformity, bruising in excess, infection, discoloration, and abscess.
- Processing defects would include but not be limited to: Foreign Material (FM), bones, extraneous material (to include fecal matter), feathers, broken/mis-cut, missed heads, torn, fat levels, etc.
- React appropriately to any reports of suspicious or abnormal situations from employees.
- Identify, report, and react appropriately to any suspicious or abnormal situations.
- Abnormal situation would be:
- Product tampering.
- Willful product adulteration.
- Unauthorized employees in restricted areas.
- Situation where a belief that product adulteration may be occurring.
- Equipment malfunction that may put product wholesomeness at stake.
- Abnormal situation would be:
- Frequently required to stand.
- Repetitive use of hands.
- Must have ability to bend, stoop, and climb steps and comfort in organic conditions.
- Physically fit to visit all areas of plant.
- Must have good interaction skills with plant management, employees, and USDA personnel.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate USDA and company standards a must.
- Must be able to withstand hot, cold and wet environments.
Position Type and Hours:
- Regular work-site attendance.
- Full-time position/Nightshift.
- May require off-shift and weekend work.
Qualifications for Position:
- Computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc).
- High level of organizational, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Sound work ethic, honesty and moral character.
- Effectively able to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly.
- Effective able to manage conflict.
- Ability to be creative and demonstrate innovative methods to advance workplace safety.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred, food & beverage is a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- This job description is not a comprehensive list of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Management may change or add duties and responsibilities at any time without notice.
Peco Foods, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.